Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Signs of Summer

I don't want to go so far as to say summer has arrived, but I will say yesterday was a pretty nice day. I swear, this rainy/cold spring weather is dragging on forever! I had yesterday off, and spent the day doing my usual day off stuff-- gym, groceries, laundry-- you know the drill. I had the windows open and did get outside a little bit, but I have to admit I was feeling pretty antsy by the time Joe got home from work. We scarfed down dinner (Polenta Pizza from Moosewood-- YUM!), and headed straight for Montrose Beach.

Looking North from Montrose Beach
I love this beach because it's close to where we live, and there is a HUGE parking lot. The beach is big, and there are a few trails and paths around where you can walk. We played on the beach, then walked besides the lake, enjoying some great views of downtown. It was a PERFECT night-- not to warm or cold, not many bugs, and great quality time with my favorite guy.

Thinking intensely about how far he could throw the frisbee.
We both agreed we need to get a group of friends to the beach sometime soon, and that more picnics or evening visits will be happening this summer!




1 comment:

  1. that's awesome you're so close to a beach! it is finally warm and sunny here this afternoon, too - i agree that it feels like this winter and rainy weather has dragged on for.ever.

    ReplyDelete