Sunday, July 1, 2012

Eating with your eyes!

I used to take food pictures all the time back when I had a cooking blog, and I find that it's a hard habit to shake. When my food looks really pretty, I can't resist the urge to document it. And now that I have a fancy new camera, the pictures look so appetizing without any real effort. I made this simple, yet beautiful, dinner on Friday night, and just had to share it with the blog world (I HATE the word blogosphere, and you'll never find me saying that on here!). 

Friday Night Dinner for Two
Miso Glazed Salmon
Whole Grain Rice Salad with Cherries


The Rice Salad came from Super Natural Everyday, my newest vegetarian cookbook. What a beautiful cookbook it is! The recipes are fresh and gourmet, but reasonablely simple. I loved the combination of spinach, walnuts, and cherries. You should buy the cookbook, but you could also google and find this recipe here.


The light flavor is perfect for this time of year,
and this is a great way to use a bunch of in season cherries.


The salmon recipe was Miso-Glazed Salmon from Food & Wine.
Simple and flavorful.

1 comment:

  1. i love food and wine recipes - this looks like a perfect summer dinner.

    ReplyDelete