Sunday, February 9, 2014

And then there was a baby shower!

Having a baby is keeping me reeeeaaaaly busy! I'm still working full time, plus a prenatal yoga class and a childbirth prep class each week. I'm trying to squeeze in time with all of my friends, too. We're getting things in order, though, which is really exciting! A really fun part of baby preparations was our recent baby shower!

We had the shower two weeks go, when I was 32 weeks pregnant. It was perfect timing. I was still feeling pretty good, but it was also late enough in the game that it didn't feel ridiculous to be getting so much baby gear. Our friends and family were so generous and thoughtful! I felt so loved and well cared for, and thought it was pretty much a perfect day. Here's a few pictures from the day, capturing some of my favorite moments and people. 


This is the girl who used to be my baby sister.
Now she's months away from college graduation and becoming a 'real adult'.
She's awesome!

Joe made a brief appearance. I have the most handsome baby daddy!!

I got all sappy for a minute before opening the gifts.
I am so amazed at the community of friends we've
made in Chicago, and also how many friends and
family traveled to Chicago to help celebrate!
This is my "OMG ADORABLE" face.
It made many appearances that day!

People say that they can tell we're related :)
Side note: cake with chocolate butter cream and ganache is amazing.

Baby Joe and Baby Erin

And now, lots of pictures of my beautiful friends and family...


My 'running friends'... though it's been a while since we're done that!

Some of my favorite co-workers.

A combination of  book club and Mizzou friends.

More Mizzou and book club ladies.

Joe's aunt and cousin joined us for the party! And my friend Angela is
someone I met through a neighborhood home brewing group,
and she is officially my neighborhood friend, since she lives about 2 blocks away!

My friend Kristen got to know Joe's mom during the lunch. Smiling faces all around :)

Sisters! I love and miss you guys! Move to Chicago, ok?

My mom and her friend Jennifer studied abroad together a few years ago :)
Now they always catch up when my mom visits Chicago.
A great picture with my mom and sisters!
Thank you for a wonderful baby shower and weekend!!

After the shower it was so fun to start putting things together in the baby's room. In the last two weeks we've built the crib, cleared out the bedroom, washed all the clothing and diapers, and really gotten things in order. It's getting pretty evident around our house that a baby is coming soon. We've got a stroller, high chair, car seat, bassinet, and so many cute tiny little things! Things are getting real... six weeks to go!

2 comments:

  1. that's so exciting - you look wonderful and i can't wait for your new addition to get here! when i read the first caption i thought it said "this used yo be my baby sitter...she's about to go to college". and i was like, wait - her baby sitter is younger than her?! haha, oops! hope you're feeling ok and these next few weeks go quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. get here, baby! you guys are so ready! :)

    ReplyDelete