Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Escaping the Cold~~ A Weekend in Miami!

Last summer, when I found out I was pregnant, I was overjoyed. There was so much excitement ahead! But I quickly realized one downside to the news-- my best friend from college is getting married in early March, in Toronto, and I would have to skip the wedding. This news really bummed me out, but I knew there was no getting around it. In fact, I immediately researched how to get a baby a passport, so I could go about bringing the baby to visit Toronto as soon as is is old enough! The papers are already printed out and waiting, so we can do the application within the first couple weeks. 


When Danielle mentioned that she was interested in a destination bachelorette party, I knew I was all in. Miami in January? Sounds like just what this pregnant mama was looking for! And I was right. It was a fabulous trip. Great food, beautiful beaches, warm weather. Exactly what I was looking for. I was so happy to spend the weekend with Danielle, and to get to know some of her friends from New York. I was a little nervous about hanging out in Miami without being able to drink, but I am happy to say that it didn't affect my trip much at all. The ladies went dancing Saturday night while I went to bed, and otherwise I didn't miss out on anything. Though I wouldn't mind heading back to Miami some day, to taste some of the mojitos that everyone else got to enjoy!

I could get used to this!

My belly loved the vitamin D :)


The whole group before our fancy dinner on Saturday night.

Love ya girl!

1 comment:

  1. miami is the best - such a beautiful, relaxing, and fun place! you look awesome erin - can't believe the little one will be here next month!

    ReplyDelete