Saturday, December 10, 2011

Twelve Days of Christmas: Baking Cookies! {Date 3)

Joe and I love cooking together, but I tend to camp out in the kitchen alone to do the Christmas cookie baking. This year I decided to extend the invite to my handsome husband, and we did some cookie baking for a fun mid-week date. We chose the two most simple recipes from my usual collection, since it was a weeknight, and snuggled up on the couch while the cookies were baking.

My favorite toffee bars-- so simple and flavorful!

Classic thumbprint cookies


Hot cocoa!
We found a Christmas episode of How I Met your  Mother
to watch while the cookies were baking.
(Joe is actually rolling his eyes like crazy in this pic) 


Ok, I'm a little worried about getting 9 more dates into the next 15 days, but I do have a few fun Christmas-themed ideas up my sleeve! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment