Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Twelve Dates of Christmas: Fancy Cookies! {Date 6}

We managed to squeeze in a second round of date night cookie baking last week, to keep the sugar high going. The first round of cookies were really simple, so we had to push our cookie baking skills this time around! We made two shapes of gingerbread, and also did some sugar cookies with royal icing. We made these just in time to share with friends when we hosted a Christmas party last weekend, and they were a hit with the crowd! 



I got inspiration for gingerbread cookies here.
I used this recipe for soft chewy ones, and they are amazing.

A plate full of gingerbread and sugar cookies.

Whenever I get a chance, I use fair trade chocolate for baking.
 It's a simple way to use my buying power to help people in a less
affluent part of the world. It's good quality, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment