Friday, May 9, 2014

Life Lately

So I'm not sure what to blog about besides Elise. Right now she's consuming pretty much every waking moment of my life. And too many of the (should be) sleeping moments, too :) This newborn phase is special, but also challenging. Her daytime naps are pretty solid, but she's inconsistent at night. She is so sweet and snuggly, though, and has the best temperament. She rarely cries, and has started smiling and cooing a bunch. Even when I'm exhausted, I look at her and feel nothing but love. She's a pretty amazing little girl! I'm looking forward to the schedule and sleep that will come as she gets a little older, but I'm also savoring the sweet newborn moments, because I know it will go too fast!

Seriously, could she be any cuter?!?!
I'm starting to work a bit on getting back into shape. I was cleared to work out as of Monday, and went for a short, slow run that night. We've taken a couple decent walks this week, too. I was hoping to go to a mom and baby yoga class yesterday, but Elise was still napping when it started, and I hate to wake her up if I don't need to. Thankfully, I've lost just about all of the baby weight, so now the battle is just firming up and getting rid of the belly that has hung around. I'd love to have all my regular pants fit again!

Elise and I are getting into a pretty good groove during the week. We love lazy mornings, and I'm usually in pajamas until she goes down for her morning nap around 9 or 10 am. We are working on making some mom friends, and have been regularly attending a couple of mom groups. The one at the hospital is great, because there are some slightly older babies there with their more experienced moms. I love comparing notes with them, and seeing where Elise is going to be in a few months. A number of these moms are stay at home moms, too, so I will be able to continue to hang out with them in the future. I also found a nice group of moms that live in my neighborhood. We've been meeting weekly, and their babies are all within a few weeks of Elise's age. They are a great group, but most are planning to go back to work full time. Once that happens, I'm going to try to form a new neighborhood group with stay at home moms, because it's during the week that I need people so socialize with.



I'm also so excited to know that so many of my local friends are starting families. I know of five friends who are currently pregnant, with babies due this fall. When Joe and I found out I was pregnant, it felt like we were the only ones in that stage of life, but all these people have quickly caught up with us.  This time next year there are going to be babies everywhere!

Time to get ready to face the day. Elise is napping, and I have to make use of this precious time!

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome you're connecting with other moms. For other SAHM friends, I've heard that's the hardest thing to do...have adult time!

    I love Elise! Such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet - i'm glad everything is going so well (elise-wise, body-wise, etc.) and to hear about how proactive you are about making friends - i've been trying to make more friends this year, maybe i need to have a baby lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! She is so so so adorable! I am so happy that everything is going well - and yes! Savor these newborn moments while you can! They grow so fast!

    I love that you're getting out, too. That was my big thing - I HAD to get out of the house at least once a day. Layla was born in the winter, so we had to wait a few months to go for walks, but I took her to a nursing moms group that I absolutely loved.

    ReplyDelete