Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What did you do last night?

I thought about cooking a nice barley "risotto" for dinner, but decided that wasn't exciting enough. Instead, I thought I'd spend 3 hours in the emergency room. You see, I had my lovely Shun knife sharpened a couple weeks ago, and I was cutting a rather wobbly quarter of an onion... then the knife went straight into my pinkie!


It was bad enough that I thought I needed to go to the emergency room. My friend Henry saved the day and drove me there, and Joe took a cab there from the loop. It was a lot of waiting, some painful cleaning out of the wound, and then three stitches. Much more eventful than the dinner and movie plan I'd initially had!

Now we'll just have to see how stitches in my pinkie finger affect the rest of my life. It doesn't hurt too badly, but having a bunch of gauze wrapped around my finger is pretty inconvenient...

No comments:

Post a Comment