Monday, January 28, 2013

Shutter Happy... or at least trying!

I'm pushing myself to pull out the camera more often. It's not always easy this time of year, when it feels too cold and gray. But I'm starting to get better at figuring out the manual settings on the thing, and I have fun whenever I pull it out. I need a lot of work on how to compose pictures, so I'm going to try to start reading up on that in the coming weeks. Joe keeps encouraging me to take a class, which I do think will help a lot. And I haven't even tried to start editing pictures. Too much still to learn!

Here's a few snapshots from the last couple weeks...

Catching up with friends at a little dinner party.

Hibiscus Chile Margaritas. Sour, floral, sweet, and pretty damn spicy! 

Clowning around in our hood.

We have some fun quirky shops right near our place.
This mysterious place always has their curtains closed, but it looks beautiful
from the few peeks we've had inside!


Chilly & Gray
Yup, that's January in Chicago!

1 comment:

  1. oh wow - that drink sounds like it would be amazing. keep up the good shutterbug work!

    ReplyDelete