Wednesday, January 9, 2013

NYE- Farewell 2012!

2012 was a year full of ups and downs. A true roller coaster of a year!  But we chose to end the year focusing on the good times, and spend the last days of 2012 celebrating with many of our closest friends. My  best friend from college, Danielle, and her boyfriend Daniel (who we lovingly call 'The D's') came into town for the holiday, and we all did a good combination of working hard and playing harder. They're both lawyers and had plenty of work to do during the day, and I was stuck at my job on the 30th and 31st, so we all buckled down during daylight hours. But as soon as the sun set, we focused on living it up like the young folks we still (barely) are!

New Year's Eve Eve (one of my favorite nights of the year), was a serious blast. There's never too much pressure this night, because the next night is supposed to be the really fabulous one. We had dinner at the Hopleaf, which is amazing now that they've doubled in capacity, and enjoyed great food and plenty of craft and Belgian style beers. I love that place! Then we went over to the infamous Lincoln Karaoke, where we met up with a big group of friends from college. We drank more beer and sang our hearts out, in a way that only happens when there are 20 of you crammed into a little room with lots of microphones to share.


For the one and only night of New Year's Eve, we went a little more on the fancy side. We started out at an improv comedy show, which was entertaining but a little too family friendly. We didn't get the memo it was family night (I don't think it officially was) and we were one of the only groups there without kids or teens. It was fun either way, and a good way to start the night. After a casual drink, we headed over to Perennial Virant for the main event. We did a four course dinner with wine tastings, and it was pretty much perfect. The food was really special-- great flavors, beautiful plating, everything we could ask for. The wine was lovely, and plentiful. And the best part was the company. The D's are a great couple, and Joe and I have so much fun hanging out with the two of them. It was the perfect way to ring in the new year. I hope 2013 is at least half as delicious as it started out.


We rounded out the holidays with a hangover brunch on New Year's Day. Joe and I hosted a group of friends, and we lounged around eating and drinking, with football games on in the background. It was lazy and the perfect way to end a crazy holiday season. I kept comfy clothes on all day, and didn't even have to leave the house! I think I might host brunch more often... it's the perfect way to catch up with all your friends while being completely lazy :)





One more holiday post to come-- I have to share my resolutions, for some good old online accountability. Then, it's back to regular old blogging, I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment