Monday, March 29, 2010

Catching up...

The month of March has flown by! We've had visitors, hosted a dinner party, brewed some great beer, and just enjoyed some downtime when I'm not working. Last week was spring break, and I used it as an opportunity to pick up some extra hours at work. Not a lot of time to relax, but before I know it this semester will be over and I can breath a little easier. I'm doing some extra studying for the mathematics content knowledge test I have to take in order to gain my certification, and I've been trying really hard to stick to a dedicated study schedule. So this hasn't been the most exciting month, but Joe and I have tried to squeeze in some fun times whenever we've had the chance!

One of my coworkers recently got a great new job, so we went to help celebrate at a going away party. My friend Michelle was the host, and she has an excellent party house. Her landlord is obsessed with the fact that Earnest Hemingway lived in the house at one point, and he has a museum honoring Hemingway in the basement. It was pretty crazy! No Chopping Block party is complete without a little flip cup, so we had to play a few rounds before heading out. It was fun to hang out with some of my coworkers in a purely social setting!


The weekend before St. Patrick's Day, my mom and sister came to visit. The main point of their trip was for us to go to the Flogging Molly concert with Colleen. We had so much fun hanging out with them during the weekend! Having visitors is a great excuse to enjoy our city, and we took advantage of our Chicago History Museum membership after Mom and Colleen took a cooking class on Sunday morning. We also went out for Ethopian food, which is always a fun treat. It was so fun to catch up and just relax together!



We also had friends over for a dinner party on a rare Friday night that I wasn't scheduled to work. We ate way too much, and Haley brought over some amazing cupcakes from Bleeding Heart Bakery. The day after the party I ate a leftover Salted Caramel cupcake, and it was freaking awesome! No other way to describe it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment