Friday, January 1, 2010

Let the blog begin!

New year, new blog. That works, right? I'm going to start this one off slowly, because I still want to focus my effort on Cooking and Eating in the Windy City for the time being. But this blog is something I hope will evolve, into a food, beer, and life blog for Joe and I to share. So I'll be doing some posts that show up on both blogs, and also sharing a little more about what we're just up to in our everyday life here in Chicago. If you made your way here, I hope you enjoy & stop back again!


This New Year's Eve was one to remember. We did an impromptu Spanish tapas dinner with our friends Nasser and Christie. We had tortilla, goat cheese in spicy tomato sauce, a caramelized onion and mushroom tart with chorizo, and some (slightly Italian) white bean and rosemary dip. It was a delicious spread, and we had a great time hanging out at home before the night got a bit crazier!


Next on the agenda was Girl Talk, a DJ show at the Congress Theater. We had a group of about 15 people all meeting up there, and we rocked out and danced like fools. It was a blast! We had so much fun dancing, laughing, and catching up with friend who were in from out of town. Being on the older side of the crowd, we decided to stay towards the back, and we had a great view of the whole floor. Such a fun time!


We ended the night at a friend of a friend's house, with more dancing and catching up. As we walked through our door around 4:00 am, we decided it had been a successful night. We also agreed that we're getting to old for this, and next year we'll be hosting a small house party or dinner or sorts :) It was a NYE that I'll remember for a long time, though! Thanks friends for making it a great night!

1 comment:

  1. My friends drove from Cincinnati to Chicago to go to Girl Talk! And I'm very interested in your blog--all of my husband's friends brew and he is considering brewing as well!

    ReplyDelete